Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fruits n nuts n veggies?

My cholesterol has gone through the roof. We called a message line about how our levels were and got our Drs. recording saying that Stan's was elevated from what it was, but he was still at a very safe level. Mine is high, and my triglycerides are alarmingly high, he says.

I can't drink sodas, or such like, which I don't drink much of anyway, but my coffee? Well, perhaps I'll cut down. Wonder if this means I must put away the Cappacino machine Stan got me not too long ago. Got to see the Dr. on the 19th, anyway, so will see what all he wants me to do. Must eat nonfat foods now...no flavor. I do love veggies, lots and lots of steamed veggies. They taste really good with some shredded cheddar cheese on them...oops, no cheddar cheese. Darn!

I love fruits, specially strawberries and blueberries with sugar and cream...oops, wonder about sugar, and now it has to be 1% milk or nonfat milk? Aaargh! Lotta changes I see. At least I can eat all kinds of nuts without anything on them at all.

Frankly, I never really thought I ate a lot of "bad" things. I quit smoking and felt that should help with the levels. It didn't...go figure!

I like the new bid I'm on. I bid a utility bid, which means I can deliver locally, intermediate, or single. All this means is the length of the runs. From very short to long...long would be a bit over 500 miles round trip. I could also work the yard. I am considered an extra-board driver with a start time. I've been doing mostly single runs with a day or two of intermediate and local. I actually get done in about 11.5 to 13 hours in a day. Mostly averaging 12 hour work days. I am actually getting a rough 6 hours of sleep each day, now. This is what I require to feel I've had at least some adequate sleep.

I am owned by our Pug. I love keeping up her blog, posting pictures of her on Webshots, visiting message boards about Pugs, and doting on her. She rules the roost as for our love of her and devotion to her. She gives us so much joy in the care of her. Stan is wrapped round her little paws. She knows who the pack leaders are, but we are mindful of her every whim and need. To understand this, you'd have to be owned by a Pug, or an animal lover. Yak some more tomorrow night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home