Thursday, July 20, 2006

Blow it out and redo it

I'm surprised my WinXP Pro has lasted this long. I think the video card is degrading, too. It's been installed since 2002, I think. I believe I did a format/reinstall in 2003 or 4, can't recall. At least it's lasting a couple/few years between degradation. This is the second video card I've had installed. The first one was still under warranty.

At first, I started getting the BSOD (blue screen of death) showing the stop errors to be the fault of a driver. Finally figured it to be the display driver from repeated crash analysis tests. I have the error reporting shut off and the automatic restart unticked as well. Still mighty unstable.

It stayed up long enough for me to do a backup of the Documents and Settings. I'll be getting a 200 GB external hard drive on Friday. I'll try to keep the computer going long enough to be redundant in backups and saving what I really want, so that I won't lose anything else. After that, it's on!

Oh the torture. It takes hours to get things back right, again. The programs, the passwords, the user names, the loading and loading and loading of all those years of programs I paid for and must install. Too, it's time to part with a lot that's become quite useless. Needless to say, I'll not be blogging next week.

As to my Dr. apt. last week. I had a nevus shaved off. It looked like a pink mole, but was actually a benign bump on the right shin just below and left of the knee. Dr. said likely caused by some earlier trauma to the area. He numbed it with injections...made me feel like a pin cushion for a bit. Once numb, he started slicing. Could still feel a bit of a sting a time or two, but it was relatively painless. There was a bit of discomfort the next few days, but not unbearable. This is likely a bit graphic for some people, however, it's nice to know what goes on with these sort of things if you ever have to experience it.

The cholesterol/triglycerides that are going the the roof will have to be controlled by diet/exercise. I've signed up with Anne Collins Weight Diet Program...google it as I'm too lazy and tired to provide the link this week. There is terrific information at this site and I've found my diet. Wonderful support group, too.

Bout time to lie down and read a bit. I haven't even done Emma's blog this week. That's okay. It's been pretty uneventful for her, of late. She's just as spoiled rotten with love as we can spoil her. Have a good week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home